Thursday, March 19, 2009

Wild animal park

Technical Note: I've had some trouble displaying pictures, so I've changed the layout. The pictures will look best when the browser is a full screen and not a resizable window.

One of the most popular tourist attractions is a wild animal park outside the city. We took a mini-bus through the park, which is similar in concept to the San Diego Wild Animal Park, though smaller. We enjoyed it. We saw Lions, and Tigers and Bears (oh, my!) as well as deer. The animals roam freely within their domains, but the different species are kept separate. (They figure it's important to keep the predators away from the prey, for some reason.) Most of the lions and tigers have been rescued from circuses and are being rehabilitated, though I don't know exactly what that means. Indian Tigers are famous, but rarely seen in the wild, so it was good to see these.
With no further ado, here are the pictures. Click on the pictures to load a full-screen image.

Deer (aka "prey")






Himalayan Bears!










Lions!






And Tigers!



No comments:

Post a Comment